IT Talks: Flaws of Human Oversight Regarding AI Systems
Upcoming event of BILGI Information Technology Law Institute will seek answers for the following questions with Ben Green on 7 September 2022, online:
- How “human oversight (human in the loop)” could underpin accountability of AI systems?
- What are the flaws of human oversight? How do those flaws entail adverse impacts on human rights, democracy and rule of law when it comes to government algorithms?
- How many pieces do we need to complete accountability of AI systems puzzle?
- Which additional measures should have been included to make human oversight effective and functional?
- The way forward: Policy and/or legal recommendations regarding human oversight approach/principle for future government algorithms.